Friday, December 19, 2014

Final Part 1

      Interdisciplinary Project

This project has by far been the most important that I have ever done in school. It involved a lot of research and group work as well as other important skills like writing, reading, and speaking. My team consisted of seven members including myself and we weren't able to select our team members for the project. My teammates were; Brisa Marquez, Sherie Gomez, Poleth Cortez, Byron Vega, Miguel Vargas, and Jaylenne Hernandez. We spent a total of about three weeks working on our presentation for December 11.During our mock presentations we felt confident about our power point on how students should not be mandated to take an additional physical education course to improve their weight. The day of the final presentation was a completely different story. Nerves for what was ahead was all that I could feel. As i walked into the classroom where our presentation was to be held I could not help but notice that two of the most vital members of  my group were missing with only five minutes to spare before the beginning of the crucial six minutes the presentation was to take. luckily for all of us one of the members did show up and was able to take over the other persons part saving us from a miserable presentation. What I have learned from this demanding experience is that one should always be prepared for what is to come ahead. Another teaching was that speaking in public should not be so neglected because one day no matter what we will need it for future reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment